Beet and Mango, sounds weird and absurd!!
Well, Beet Mango Salad totally, positively, absolutely WORKS! It’s like Autumn and Summer are taking a nice stroll in the park, holding hands, on a beautiful sunny afternoon in early September. It’s an uniquely innovative healthy and colourful dish that will allure you to finish it in one shot.
- 8 medium beets, cooked, peeled and cooled, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 2 mini seedless cucumbers, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- The juice and zest of 1 orange
- The juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt, I use Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Place the beets, mango, cucumbers, red onion, jalapeño pepper and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a separate bowl or measuring cup.
- Whisk until well combined and nicely merged. Pour over the salad and toss gently to integrate.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld and intermingle.
- This salad will keep well for 4-5 days under proper refrigeration.