A totally irresistible snack that doesn’t add much calories and to your food basket , these healthy tikkis are made with the most healthy ingredients like quinoa, beetroot, couscous and spinach along with oats. An easy and quick recipe to prepare for breakfast or evening gatherings to accompany along with beverages.
- 1 1/2 oil
- 1 quinoa
- 1 couscous
- 1 potato
- 1 beetroot
- 3/4 spinach
- 1/2 oats
- 1 ginger paste
- 1/2 garlic paste
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients except for oil till they are combined and intact.
- Take 1/4 cup of the mixture and form into a round ball.
- Lightly flatten it with your palm to give it a shape of tikki. Do the same with the rest of the mixture, and line them on a baking sheet or plate.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan in medium to low flame , and then put the tikki one by one, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, and then flip to cook the other side for the same amount of time. Towards the end you will be able to see a light-brownish layer, increase the flame and crisp them up on both sides.
- Serve along with some mint and tamarind chutney and garnish them with some assorted micro-greens.